Chapter 14: Prosperity And Poverty
This chapter has neither prosperity nor poverty. Don’t be confused.
Unfortunately, I’m not sure what this chapter has. It was quite confusing (as I’m sure the truth of our universe can be), and I’m not going to spend any extra time re-reading any parts of this book unnecessarily!
As you remember, Wesley joined the army because someone threatened his family if he didn’t. But, he didn’t think it was the will of God.
This is Wesley, who, as revealed in a recent chapter, has never sinned. It just hasn’t appealed to him? He thought about stealing once.
Instead of examining the apparent Trolley Car Problem he has been presented with, Wesley just seems to assume that he needs to join the army. He spends two years in the army.
You’d think that a clever chap like Wesley could dispatch of any threats to his family, or at least relocate his loved ones, inside of two years.
After a bunch of confusing nonsense, Jaffar or whoever again tries to get Wesley to do something Wesley doesn’t want to. But this time Wesley won’t go along with it, family be damned. Why the change in attitude? Beats me. But who am I to question…
THE TRUTH OF OUR UNIVERSE
(Please do not form a cult.)
Unfortunately, I’m not sure what this chapter has. It was quite confusing (as I’m sure the truth of our universe can be), and I’m not going to spend any extra time re-reading any parts of this book unnecessarily!
As you remember, Wesley joined the army because someone threatened his family if he didn’t. But, he didn’t think it was the will of God.
This is Wesley, who, as revealed in a recent chapter, has never sinned. It just hasn’t appealed to him? He thought about stealing once.
Instead of examining the apparent Trolley Car Problem he has been presented with, Wesley just seems to assume that he needs to join the army. He spends two years in the army.
You’d think that a clever chap like Wesley could dispatch of any threats to his family, or at least relocate his loved ones, inside of two years.
After a bunch of confusing nonsense, Jaffar or whoever again tries to get Wesley to do something Wesley doesn’t want to. But this time Wesley won’t go along with it, family be damned. Why the change in attitude? Beats me. But who am I to question…
THE TRUTH OF OUR UNIVERSE
(Please do not form a cult.)
Comments
Post a Comment