Chapter 6: Battle For The Palace


I’m not one for your epic, block-busting, fight-sequence, tan-color-schemed, Russell Crowe/Liam Neeson/Mel Gibson/Joaquin Phoenix-type films. COW can’t get enough. He has seen the movie 300 at least that many times.

That’s fine. To each their own.

COW has apparently picked up on the expansive dialog used in these films, incorporating such dramatic moments as this: “Shauel stared at Gahenna in a menacing evil glare. ‘We fight,’ they both said simultaneously.” Straight out of Dragonball Z!

Team Used-To-Be-Good planet doesn’t do such a good job defending against a six-month siege by Team Doesn’t-Have-A-Planet. (I wonder where they are getting their supplies, since they don’t have a planet anymore…)

It comes down to a dramatic surrender by the good-guy king. Except that it was a fake surrender? I think? And they start fighting again at the palace. But they still lose. (It was a chance for more fight scenes!) And a guy uses another guy as a weapon?

And plot-wise, the king’s infant son (“Wesley”—we’ll discuss this name at a later date) is helped to escape and put into a cryonic chamber for 666 years to wait out the time of suffering that God has allowed on Plenarius.

This is the second chapter in the book in which the narrator (Curt Owens, or COw for short) is absent. I presume we’ll hear more from COw soon to learn more about…

THE TRUTH OF OUR UNIVERSE
(Please do not form a cult.)

Comments