Chapter 11: Zarak, Attack, Zarak
Our old friend Zarak is back, having blown himself up again. Barar is now in charge of approving Zarak's ideas, which all suck. But also, that is a tangent that doesn't matter the rest of the chapter?
Barar is instrumental in destroying Hamartia. Then Hamartians attack Plenarius. Barar is working on the Suphamote when it is attacked. Barar loses his leg and then is teleported away by his AI, Ali. Ali then creates a new human body and inhabits it? Then makes Barar a new leg. Finally she goes back to the Suphamote to rescue Barar's family, and does not return. Barar pledges to murder every Hamartian in existence.
Will Barar accomplish his goal of 100% genocide? He doesn't seem SKEPTICal of his chances.
"I passed my hand through my old beard." Classic Barar move.
ReplyDeleteIt cracked me up every time Ali called Barar "Daddy." Glad COW gave us a glimpse into the kinky ass relationship between Barar and his hot anime-style AI girlfriend.
Way back in the day when we were reading TTTB I asked if Deborah passed the Turing Test. I can't speak for Deborah, but clearly Ali just passed it and gained full human intelligence and emotion when "a tear fell from her left eye and slowly went down her face."
It was pretty anticlimatic, but I think Barar's wife, one of his kids (where are the other two?) and his AI girlfriend/daughter all died at the end of this chapter?