Chapter 23: The Best Relation is Restoration

 Dr. Barar is granted a temporary reprieve, during which Wesley gets hitched. To celebrate his nuptials, Wesley calls Dr. Barar to give his full confession that serves as the busted frame of this story. Wesley, hears him out, then condemns him to exile. Dr. Barar begs, and Wesley reconsiders, allowing just ONE MORE CHANCE to not break the law, as long as he tells Wesley about any other unethical research that he has been doing. 

Barar shares that he was able to use earthling DNA to modify his own genetic code, and he should live 40,000 years now! He then reveals himself not to be an old man, removing his old man mask to show that he is like a young man! Wesley doesn't think this breaks any Plenarian laws, so Dr. Barar goes on to share that there is just one more important thing he must share...

Will Dr. Barar's final confession to Wesley justify this tale? Or be interesting at all? I, and assume we all are, am SKEPTICal.

Comments

  1. I have been feeling like my write-ups don't really have much to say, but there just isn't much happening at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scooby Doo mask reveal was pretty special. And Wesley's reaction was equally as special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was excited to learn about Plenarian wedding traditions. For example, I thought it was pretty special when the priest, Shenshuo, tied the ribbon around *his* right wrist to Kallos left wrist. I've seen the cheesy thing at weddings where the officiant binds the bride and groom's hands together with a ribbon, but I've never seen the cheesy thing where the officiant binds *himself* to the the bride. We also got to read the traditional Plenarian wedding blessing. Like...if only this book had come out a couple years earlier, I could have used the Plenarian wedding blessing at *my* wedding.! Perry would have loved it! So romantic. And what the heck is Zayith oil, because I want to be anointed with it. Sexy times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment